Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry BBB response success?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cavalry BBB response success?

I recently filed a bbb complaint against Calvary stating that they never validated the debt and I wanted them to immediately delete from my credit reports.. In their response they stated:

They believe the debt to be valid however, they strive on good customer service and they will close the account and cease future contact trying to collect the debt.

Now my question, can they sell this debt since its been closed? And does this mean this will be deleted from my reports???
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Cavalry BBB response success?

In my case (same thing) they removed the collection.  And Yes, they will sell it.  Probably to someone really creepy.  I'm ready to settle with the next CA for less than 50% just to make it go away permanently.

I'm getting the coffers ready.  Cavalry deleted about 45 days ago and I haven't heard from another Ca.....yet.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Thanks for your response. Greatly appreciated. How long did it take for them to delete off your reports after their response back to you? Thanks again
Message 3 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

It happened within 30 days.   Nice bump as well.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

One last question!!! I disputed this the the CRA as well at the bbb complaint. Will I have a delay or issue once they tell CRAs to delete since its in dispute?
Message 5 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I don't see why it would, Cavalry is responding, so that should take care of it.  Hold onto the BBB response letter though.  You never know when you may need it.

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Most likely since it was not paid, it will show up with another CA.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.