Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry Portfolio Services

tag
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

Cavalry Portfolio Services

First of all, many thanks to the fico members on this site for teaching me how to repair my credit. There was a thread which another poster was able to get their CPS deleted. I did not want to continue hijacking their thread. So I've created this one to keep diary of my efforts to remove Cavalry Portfolio Services from my credit report. And also open to inputs from other posters/mods.

My first mistake was to call the collection agency and agreed to settle for less. That in itself put a HARD inquiry on my report. My other mistake was to send a PFD letter before a DV letter. I finally sent a DV letter last week. I should have done that first because I found out from the original creditor that I do not owe a balance like the CA is claiming I do. I filed an online dispute for all CRAs. The OP from the other thread had sent an email to the CEO of CA. I followed their footstep and did the same. My first email was ignored for the past 2 days. So, today I sent the same email and to include that I am requesting a urgent response or I will have to file a complaint with FTC and/or file a lawsuit. I finally received response from the CEO that my request will be forwarded to his manager in the customer service department.

Is there anything else I need to do to get the CA deleted?

4/30/10: EQ 705 | TU 687
6/09/09: EQ 656 | TU 638 | EX 675 (FICO from LO)
5/11/09: EQ 584 | TU 539
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

Re: Cavalry Portfolio Services

The CEO is Al Brothers. I don't know if you can share email address here but you can google it. When he replied back, he copied in Gino Archers. I just received an email from Gino and he has closed the account and deleting the account from the credit bereaus. WOOHOO!! HAPPY DANCE Thank you fico

The goodwill letter followed up with threatening to file complaint to FTC/lawsuit helped in my case.

Mr. xxxxx,

Your account was forwarded to me by Mr. Brothers for follow up.

As a gesture of good customer service, I’ve closed the account and issued deletions to the credit bureaus.

I hope you find this to be an equitable solution.

Sincerely,

Gino Archer
Sr. Vice President

Message Edited by ficonewbie01 on 05-13-2009 05:28 PM
Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I have an unpaid collection account with portfolio recovery that I just sent out pfd letters today1 to the vice president gino archer and other just to the headquaters in hawthorne, ny, do you mind sharing the ceo email address as I did not know one existed.  Thanks.  I have no dv myself because I know i do own a cell phone bill from sprint although i question how much.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 8
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

The CEO is Al Brothers. I don't know if you can share email address here but you can google it. When he replied back, he copied in Gino Archers. I just received an email from Gino and he has closed the account and deleting the account from the credit bereaus. WOOHOO!! HAPPY DANCE Thank you fico

The goodwill letter followed up with threatening to file complaint to FTC/lawsuit helped in my case.

Mr. xxxxx,

Your account was forwarded to me by Mr. Brothers for follow up.

As a gesture of good customer service, I’ve closed the account and issued deletions to the credit bureaus.

I hope you find this to be an equitable solution.

Sincerely,

Gino Archer
Sr. Vice President

Message Edited by ficonewbie01 on 05-13-2009 05:28 PM
Message 3 of 8
cmonty

Can you share the email addresses you have on record for Cavalry? Many thanks!

Message 4 of 8
jhoffa34
Established Member

could you share the calvary email address with me please?

Starting Score: 491 TU 490 EX EQ 510 FreeScore.com
Current Score:
Goal Score: 725 Across the Board
Message 5 of 8
rcolombe
Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, what was in your original email to the CEO?

I am about to take my next step which is to send them a DV letter. If I don't get a response I will take the same route as you. 

Thank You for this information.

Starting Score: EQ-563 TU-515 EX-578 VANTAGE-609 September 2013
Current Score: EQ-639 TU-627 EX-625 VANTAGE 662
Goal Score: 700 All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
bmagic408

Congrats! There are others who are working to gain that same success. Will you please provide Gino's email address for those like me who are in similar situaitons?

Message 7 of 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the deletion!!! Calvary isn't as bad as some of the others.....Midland, Fair Collections, Portfolio Recovery...to name three...LOL

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.