Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry collections

tag
ajs813
Established Member

Cavalry collections

Hello,
Got a question if anyone can help... Recieved a letter in the mail today from cavalry stating that " this letter acknowledges receipt of you dispute and request for account validation. Please be advised that we have already ceased collection efforts for the time being in response to your communication. We will contact you again and either provide validation, or update on the status within 60 days from the date of this letter. No further collections will be made unless and until validation is provided . Crazy thing is, I didn't send them a verification letter,just a pfd letter. Anyone know anything about this...it sounds crazy and not sure if I should be worried or excited....
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Re: Cavalry collections

They play games and call anything you send a dispute. I actually sent them a DV and received the same exact letter. Today, they sent a second letter stating they are still attempting to validate the debt. I wouldn't get excited just yet...wait and see what they come back. BTW -- I'm sure they have added dispute comments to the TL if they are reporting on CRs. If you can still be sued, have the $$ to the side in case they try to come after you.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 2 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

They play games and call anything you send a dispute. I actually sent them a DV and received the same exact letter. Today, they sent a second letter stating they are still attempting to validate the debt. I wouldn't get excited just yet...wait and see what they come back. BTW -- I'm sure they have added dispute comments to the TL if they are reporting on CRs. If you can still be sued, have the $$ to the side in case they try to come after you.

+1

Message 3 of 12
ajs813
Established Member

Do you think I am about to be sued????
Message 4 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ajs813 wrote:
Hello,
Got a question if anyone can help... Recieved a letter in the mail today from cavalry stating that " this letter acknowledges receipt of you dispute and request for account validation. Please be advised that we have already ceased collection efforts for the time being in response to your communication. We will contact you again and either provide validation, or update on the status within 60 days from the date of this letter. No further collections will be made unless and until validation is provided . Crazy thing is, I didn't send them a verification letter,just a pfd letter. Anyone know anything about this...it sounds crazy and not sure if I should be worried or excited....

If you used the PFD template from this site it specifically states you are disputing the debt. 

That letter should never be used for various reasons.

Message 5 of 12
ajs813
Established Member

I did use that template, now I am wondering if I shot myself in the foot. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Possibly.  However, if you know the debt is yours and just want to pay it, you could rescind the "dispute" and see if they are open to a PFD.

Message 7 of 12
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@fixmycred14, remember how excited I was that they had deleted their account from my CR?!?? Well, I just received a letter in response to my DV.....so I guess they will be jumping back on my report any day now. Smiley Sad I was sooooo excited that they couldn't validate and were deleted.   Back to the drawing board. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 12
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

@newmomnewme -- Oh #$%##! Yes yes! I recall. Well, hopefully they won't jump back on or resell it. You have SW, right? Keep a look out. Who was the OC? So, they actually validated?

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 9 of 12
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@fixmycred14...the OC was Citifinancial.....but, Calvary sent me the validation letter....saying they were wiling to work with me, blah, blah, blah. This stinks. I was so pumped up that it was deleted! I have SW, I guess I won't be surprised if they re-appear.  The letter is dated 11/13, I can't remember when I noticed it was deleted. Maybe a week ago. 

Since it is outside the SOL, could they possible stop reporting???  Maybe???

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.