cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry removed, but.....(EDIT: UPDATE)

tag
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cavalry removed, but.....(EDIT: UPDATE)

@azguy13 wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

HSBC CO 2 years ago, sold to Cavalry Portfolio.  Fast forward...I sent a PFD letter in early December 2013, they read it as a DV letter.....they respond on December 31st saying.. "This letter acknowledges receipt of your dispute and request for account validation....." and that they would contact me again providing validation or an update on the status.    I receive another letter dated January 29 ..."This letter follows up on our prior correspondence regarding your request for account validation.  Calvary has requested account documentation from the original institution identified above"......

Alrighty...now,...that was the last I had heard from them.   ...2 days ago, Cavalry removed that account from EX and EQ, and i'm assuming TU (haven't checked it).   Is their removal because they could not verify...or?   ...BTW, they had been reporting monthly even after they received and responded to my letter, and even reported as recent as this month.   I'm a little confounded as to how they couldn't validate...and if this may just be a temporary removal.

EDIT:   Got a letter in the mail today -3/27/2014 from Cavalry that reads....."In the spirit of good customer service, we have closed the above referenced account.  All collection efforts have been ceased and will not resume..."

Odd, but I will gladly accept that...$520 gets to stay in my pocket.

Well, that is a pleasant surpirse! Good thing they didn't understand what was PFD was, lol.

lol I know.  It frustrated me when I got their first response because I was ready to pay...but the 3 month long wait with the end result was well worth the frustration.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.