cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challening Ballys on 90+Days Late on Charged Off Account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Challening Ballys on 90+Days Late on Charged Off Account?

I have a Bally's Account from 2003 that they 'reported as loss' and closed. It is a 36 month contract. I believe it is still in SOL but they have not bothered me, even after Dispute in December and DV in April (no reply).

They are reporting multiple 90+ days late for years after the Charge Off can they do that? If the account is closed and charged-off can they report 90+ Days Late?

I'd love to get Ballys off, would do a PFD if I thought it would help. Any thoughts if challenging the 90+ on closed account might do it?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Challening Ballys on 90+Days Late on Charged Off Account?

They mean...the account was 90+ days late...and may even mean...currently 90+ day lates....I have a CP report lates EVERY month...until I paid them off...and it's LEGIT...

Offer a PFD...how recent was this???...
Message 2 of 6
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Bally's is a PITA. I remember 2 years ago when we were doing our mortgage and DF had Bally's on her CRs. Our mortgage processor was like "Don't even worry about Bally's - everyone has that on their report. Even I do." lol

We are trying to get it off now and reportedly Bally's has called it back from the CA and it should drop from her CR. It was on her report because they didn't close the account when she moved (and showed documentation that there was no Bally in 30 miles)

Anyway, if you want to actually talk to them the phone number is 562-484-2000 x0 and ask to speak to someone about your account. Then maybe try a PFD. You can also try to mail a PFD.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

"they didn't close the account when she moved (and showed documentation that there was no Bally in 30 miles"

I have the exact same problem. A Ballys 90 day late appears on one of my three credit reports - it's the sole remaining derogatory on my report after some clean-up work (thanks myFICO!).

I'm wondering if I should challenge it or just let it fall off as it's from 2003... thoughts?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would call them and have it removed.  if you had a legitmate reason to close the account and it is documented in there contract then it should not be on your credit report.  Often times places just don't follow up properly unless you contac them- and speak to the right person.

I had this same problem with a bill that I closed in June and was waiting a final bill and before i received the final bill they charged it off and it is on my credit report.  After contacting them and speaking to two different people they agreed that it shouldn't have been charged off or sent to my credit report but they have a specific procedure in place and after exactly 3 weeks of non-payment regardless of the issue it is automatically written off and sent to CA.  Once i spoke to someone and they reviewed the notes they removed it without an issue.- well that was only about a week ago so I still need to double check that they removed it... but they did agree that it was a mishap on there end.

So i would give them a call if it legitmatelly should not be on your report.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed a 36 month contract with ballys and now I want to close it, and pay the penalty, will that negatively affect my credit rating?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.