Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Collection agencies

tag
Babdah
Established Member

Changed Collection agencies

I have a baddy from a few years ago that was with United Resource System, then a month ago it just disappeared. It alarmed me, but I wasn’t sure what to do. Then on the 2nd of December it appeared under Lockhart, Morris and Montgomery. I not sure how to tackle this because United Resource wouldn’t work with me. Should I continue to try with this new company or should I dispute it? I tried to find a situation like this on this forum and other places but wasn’t able to. I wasn’t notified of the change ether that is the most confusing thing about it.

Starting Score: 587EQ, 662TU, 656EX
Current Score: 701EQ, 716TU, 620EX
Goal Score:800EQ, 800TU, 800EX

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Changed Collection agencies

What is inaccurate about their reporting that would be basis for a dispute?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Babdah wrote:

I have a baddy from a few years ago that was with United Resource System, then a month ago it just disappeared. It alarmed me, but I wasn’t sure what to do. Then on the 2nd of December it appeared under Lockhart, Morris and Montgomery. I not sure how to tackle this because United Resource wouldn’t work with me. Should I continue to try with this new company or should I dispute it? I tried to find a situation like this on this forum and other places but wasn’t able to. I wasn’t notified of the change ether that is the most confusing thing about it.

More information would be needed, did you pay the collection? If not, you can contact the law firm and offer to pay for deletion.

Message 3 of 7
Babdah
Established Member

@RobertEG wrote:

What is inaccurate about their reporting that would be basis for a dispute?

Nothing that I seen, I just thought that they had to notify the person before hand

Message 4 of 7
Babdah
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Babdah wrote:

More information would be needed, did you pay the collection? If not, you can contact the law firm and offer to pay for deletion.

What infomation would be needed? No, the pior company wouldnt work with me. Yes, I can try to work with them. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes sir, please try to work with them. However, before committing to any payment arrangement, ask them if you could settle with a deletion of the collection from your credit report. Most collections will work with the consumer

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you file a dispute, you must identify an inaccuracy, and explain how the reporting is considered to be inaccurate.

Any "dispute" that lacks any assertion of an inaccuracy can be dismissed without any need for referral to the creditor or any investigation as being "frivolous or irrelevant."

Any issue of what must be investigated and either verified or corrected is limited only to the item of information identified in the dispute as being inaccurate.  Finding any inaccuracy in reporting thus does not establish any requirement for deletion of other accurate reporting, or of the entire account or collection.  If the disputed information is not corrected or verified, then deletion by the CRA is required only for the item of information that is subject of the dispute.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.