Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off Account

tag
rileydude
Valued Member

Charge Off Account

I would appreciate some input,

The charged off account in question was paid in full in Dec 2016 but it keeps reporting to Equifax as being 90 days late every single month.  I disputed the reporting with Equifax several times as well as contacted the Creditor.  The issue seemed to be resolved for two months until this morning when the account was updated by Equifax and it now reflects again 90 days late for every single months since Dec 2016, keep in mind I paid in full that very month.  The creditor stated after a phone call that they been reporting it correctly and not being 90 days late...Equifax just started another dispute, which would be number 4.  I am getting a little frustrated as I am not contesting the charge off, but the reporting.  The Creditor tells me that they are reporting correctly, Equifax tells me they only publish what is reported, catch 22.  What other options does one have to contest an account? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge Off Account

Once you have disputed the accuracy of credit reporting and received verification of the disputed information, you then obtain the right under FCRA 623(c) to bring civil action and get the matter before the court, which then provides you with discovery rights and review of all the relevant evidence.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.