Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off Hurting my utilization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Off Hurting my utilization

I have a different data point. I have a $3000 (maxed out) credit card charge off that does not affect my utilization onf experian. It shows as closed account. My experian free report (on experian website) shows that I have overall utilization of 1%. My total available limits are around $5000. So I know $3000 charge off it doesn't get factored in. Otherwise it wouldn't show 1%. 

The time when the charged off account first went to deliquency was 6 years and 10 months. So it will soon fall off. I don't call for early exclusion because I am thinking about applying for Amex card this month and this is my oldest account (11 years vs oldest good account with a 1 yr age). I think although it is a negative it will help in my application with its age. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a different data point. I have a $3000 (maxed out) credit card charge off that does not affect my utilization onf experian. It shows as closed account. My experian free report (on experian website) shows that I have overall utilization of 1%. My total available limits are around $5000. So I know $3000 charge off it doesn't get factored in. Otherwise it wouldn't show 1%. 

The time when the charged off account first went to deliquency was 6 years and 10 months. So it will soon fall off. I don't call for early exclusion because I am thinking about applying for Amex card this month and this is my oldest account (11 years vs oldest good account with a 1 yr age). I think although it is a negative it will help in my application with its age. 

Does that $3000 charged off account show a $3000 balance?  Or was it just a $3000 limit but the chargeoff shows $0 balance?

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does that $3000 charged off account show a $3000 balance?  Or was it just a $3000 limit but the chargeoff shows $0 balance?

It shows $3000 limit and $3100 balance.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.