Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off- Pay over time or in Full now

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Charge Off- Pay over time or in Full now

@Cyeron wrote:

How about if I pay less then the balance. Settlement for less than the full amount. 

There'll be 2 updates. First to show paid amount, then a second to show $0. After those 2 dings, you'll just have to wait for them to fall off 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cyeron wrote:

I have 3 Charge Offs that is effecting my scores at 5k total. None of them are even close to dropping off my credit report soon. 

According to the simulator its seems like its better to pay over time on a monthly basis to drop the utilization. My score will go up significantly. 

Should I start a payment plan or should I just pay them off now in full and get them out the way. 

Thanks for any input

agreed that simulators are just for entertai ment purposes.

If i pay my bills on time for any period of time, my scores should supposedly go down!

According to the simulator, if i instead let everything go 90d late, i should see a 90 pt increase!

Imagine if I actually took that advice?!

Just pay them off. That is what will actually help you. Whether settled or in full. It will depend on if you are planning on buying a house and how soon they should fall off your reports on which annotations you think would work for you best.

Good luck!

Message 12 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cyeron wrote:

I have 3 Charge Offs that is effecting my scores at 5k total. None of them are even close to dropping off my credit report soon. 

According to the simulator its seems like its better to pay over time on a monthly basis to drop the utilization. My score will go up significantly. 

Should I start a payment plan or should I just pay them off now in full and get them out the way. 

Thanks for any input

agreed that simulators are just for entertai ment purposes.

If i pay my bills on time for any period of time, my scores should supposedly go down!

According to the simulator, if i instead let everything go 90d late, i should see a 90 pt increase!

Imagine if I actually took that advice?!

Just pay them off. That is what will actually help you. Whether settled or in full. It will depend on if you are planning on buying a house and how soon they should fall off your reports on which annotations you think would work for you best.

Good luck!

Some do and come running here. But CK said..................Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.