cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off account dispute Help? How many Inaccuracies to dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge Off account dispute Help? How many Inaccuracies to dispute?

Hi everyone. I am new to credit repair and credit building. I have a CO account showing on my report with multiple inaccuracies reporting. Should I dispute all inaccuracies together in one letter? Or choose one inaccuracy to dispute at a time.? And if so which inaccuracy is my strongest to dispute? Dates of last active are all different. Date Opened is all inconsistent. Date of last payment is showing 07/09/2017 on Experian, Equafax 08/01/2017 and Transunion 07/09/2017.  High Credit is showing all different. Payment Status shows collection/charge off but hass not been sold to CA, it is still with Wells Fargo. Credit Limit is showing inconsistent. Two-Year payment history is showing  CO on Experian and payed on time on Equifax and no payment info on Transunion. What should I go after to get account deleted? Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Off account dispute Help? How many Inaccuracies to dispute?

If you have a tradeline with many issues I would dispute each issue as such:

Creditor is reporting DOFD as xx/xx/xxxx this is inacurate please correct or delete this account.

Creditor is reporting my high credit as $xxxx.xx this is inaccurate please correct or delete this account.

Yada, Yada, Yada

Do not do this online through the bureaus website.

Do it from a paper copy of your credit report via CMRR. Include a copy of the tradeline from your report. I would color code each item on the report and the items disputed with a highlighter.

Do not copy paste some crap you find online or in a forum. Tailor the letter to your specific circumstance.

Pointing out a bunch of FCRA law to them is a waste of time.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I will mail it in to the bureaus cmrr.

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You can wipe out all the inaccurate info. But the kicker being the CO will remain. That is the higest derog on the account and removing everything else wont do any good. Once it falls off 7rs after the DoFD which you can see on your reports. Thats when it will all turn good.

I wouldnt dispute anything. They (WF) may update all 3 CRA's and that will ding your scores. Especially the ones missing some info. Let it die a slow death.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

You can wipe out all the inaccurate info. But the kicker being the CO will remain. That is the higest derog on the account and removing everything else wont do any good. Once it falls off 7rs after the DoFD which you can see on your reports. Thats when it will all turn good.

I wouldnt dispute anything. They (WF) may update all 3 CRA's and that will ding your scores. Especially the ones missing some info. Let it die a slow death.

+1

Honestly, the "errors" you point out are minimal at best and definitely will not get the TLs deleted and will likely just update as verified and ding your scores again and further lower them. All they are required to do is fix or erase the innacuracies, they will not delete them just because of a date being off a couple days.

I have accounts with varying Date of Last Activity, etc and in the end those dates and numbers do not change the situation of having a CO at all. DoFD is still the same and that is what is most important to me - when it finally will come off.

I would leave it be and not dispute a thing. I would pay it and have some real and positive change, unless it is super close to aging off.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've disputed things and it didd not change the original delinquency if it didn't get deleted.

The date it falls off according to the credit bureaus is the same.

Message 6 of 7
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I'd go the goodwill letter saturation technique. Extremely difficult to get CO's removed. Chances are they'll update with correct info and your scores will take a hit. I know that's not what you wanna hear, believe me. I have 3 of them, PIF and all 5 years old. I'm waiting out 2 more years. Sucks. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.