Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge Off

I have a charge off utility showing on my credit from Southern California Edision. It is paid and from 2013. I was trying to figure out the account because I know I never paid a collection for it. I called SCE about it because I hadn't lived there at the time of the balance and after researching they said they transferred the balance to my mother and determined that she owed that money and she was the one that paid it. I asked her why it was reporting on my credit if it was determined that she was the one that owed it and she said that since I was the one that orginally opened the account that it was still my responsibility even though the service was transferred into my mothers name when I moved out. Any ideas other than goodwill to try with this? I tried calling back just to get someone new to see if I could get it goodwill removed but they said no. I disputed this last year and it came back verified. I have a mortgage lender pulling my credit June 1st and really need 15 points!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge Off

Was the account in your name when it became delinquent?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Off

This was 3 months after I moved out so I'm guessing no. We transferred it into her name since I moved into my own place. She moved 3 months after me when the lease was up. What's funny is they never tacked it onto my bill at my new apartment. Didn't even get a letter from them
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.