cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off accounts

simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Charge off accounts

Do charge off accounts factor into utilization? According to my reports I’m using 114% of revolving utilization but I have no open revolving cards or anything open except student loans and I know those don’t count. 

My closed cards still showing a balance are: Capital One $444 credit Limit $300 which I paid yesterday, Discover $1165 credit Limit $500 currently on a payment plan, and Wells Fargo $92 credit Limit $800 so they kept the deposit which bought it down to the $92.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6

Re: Charge off accounts

Yup
Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Re: Charge off accounts

Now that was the longest reply in MyFICO history @gdale6! LOL! Yes OP. Pay them down like they were still open and you'll get back some points once paid. Good Luck!

@gdale6 wrote:
Yup

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.