Date Opened-Sep 1, 2014
Account Status-Closed
Payment Status-Charge-off
Status Updated-Jul 1, 2017
Usage-0%
Balance-$0
Balance Updated-Jul 27, 2017
Comments---Transferred to another lender or claim purchased

This chargeoff was purchased by midland funding. I settled with midland in May of this year and they have removed their reporting from my credit report. Has anyone had any luck with removing commenity? I'm starting Round one goodwill letters today. Any contact information for this company would be great!

I have a similar situation for synchrony. Same questions. Any luck with goodwills? Anything else I can do?

SYNCB/WALMART DC
Company Sold-PRA
Account Type-Credit Card - Revolving Terms
Date Opened-Sep 1, 2014
Account Status-Closed
Payment Status-Charge-off
Status Updated-Jun 1, 2017
Usage-0%
Balance-$0
Balance Updated-Jun 5, 2017
Credit Limit-$1,200
Comments--Transferred to another lender or claim purchased
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off from synchrony and commenity

Synchrony and Comenity are not easily willing to honor GW requests, but your experience may be different. You will have to just hope your letter lands on a good lap. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
Harmony12
Frequent Contributor

I’m not sure about GW letters but I do know Comenity will let you back in for a 2nd chance.
Starting CK FAKOS 6/28/2018
TU 503
EQ 498
Discover EX 537

FICO 8
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 557 701
TU 566 715
EX 514 711

Mortgage Scores FICO 5,4,2
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 494 685
TU 480 703
EX 479 693

Goal Score 720
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If a creditor has sold a delinquent debt after taking a charge-off, they have received on pennies on the dollar amount of the debt.

While they have also recouped a bit of the loss via tax writeoff of the CO, they have taken a net loss after the sale of the debt, and dont receive another penny if the consumer later makes payment to the new owner.

Having taken a net loss on their account, they are usually not in a mood of grant of good will to a consumer that caused them a loss.

You might have some compelling reason explaining why you let the delinquent debt go to the extreme of having reached the point where they determined that it was unlikely to be paid, which is what a CO is, but they may not be too receptive too such pleas.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.