Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off help

tag
tictoc
Contributor

Charge off help

I need help, a charge off account from 2007 was recently added to my experian report and it caused my score to go down 50 points...I pulled my report from annualcreditreport website and it tells me this...I settled with them in 2007/2008 I dont remember exactly when tho, I want this off, anything I can do??? 

Account charged off.

Date Opened: 
05/2007
Date of Status: 
07/2013
Reported Since: 
07/2013
Last Reported Date: 
07/2013

Type: 
Charge Card
Terms: 
N/A 
Monthly Payment: 
$0
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
$800
High Balance: 
N/A 
Recent Balance: 
$0
Recent Payment: 
$0

Payment History: 

JUL

Charge Off

Account History:

Charge Off as of Jul 2013

Starting Score: Ex: 580 EQ: 608 myfico TU: 585
Current Score: Ex: 694 fcr.com EQ FICO: 663 TU: Unk
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge off help

They are required under FCRA 623(a)(5) to report the DOFD on the account within 90 days after they reported the charge-off.

The date they took the CO or chose to report it is not relevant.  The relevant date determining CR exclusion is the DOFD that preceded the CO.

Exclusion of the reported charge-off is no later than 7 yrs plus 180 days from the DOFD.

Check back once they have reported the DOFD, and you will then know the max date after which the CO will become excluded.

If you can wait it out for a few more months, you need do nothing to have it excluded.

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Charge off help

OP, send GW letters. They are allowed to report provided it is still within the 7-7.5 yrs from DOFD.

Also they won't report the DOFD since EX doesn't report DOFD. However if you pull directly from experian.com or annualcreditreport you'll see a drop off date. Subtract 7-7.5 yrs from that drop off date to get a rough DOFD and make sure those are in line.

Also the updating of this TL can be problematic score-wise. If I had that I'd GW them and in a friendly way ask them why they are reporting a formerly-deleted CO from years ago.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.