Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge offs

Hey guys, so I’m confused. I have charge offs with capital one that have been sent to a collection agency. Since capital one no longer owns those, can I request they remove them?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Charge offs

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys, so I’m confused. I have charge offs with capital one that have been sent to a collection agency. Since capital one no longer owns those, can I request they remove them?

No, the original TL stays on your CR. CO shows the worst delinquency status for that account. Cap One reporting "shows" what happened while they had the account. 

If you try disputing original TL, it will come back verified and further lower your scores. 

CA will have separate reporting for the same TL. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLosed, Paid

Hello again, I have one more question. My husband and I had an old comcast bill we recently paid off, even though it was sent to collections. Now it is listed with collection agency on my report as closed, paid. Is this negative? Can I get this removed now that it is paid?

Message 3 of 6
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

Re: CLosed, Paid

You should have tried a pay for delete with them. I'm guilty of the same. If I'd have known about it instead of paying them off  I wouldn't be dealing with trying to remove paid collections now. Live and learn I guess. It will be much harder to remove because the creditors aren't obligated to have to remove it

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello again, I have one more question. My husband and I had an old comcast bill we recently paid off, even though it was sent to collections. Now it is listed with collection agency on my report as closed, paid. Is this negative? Can I get this removed now that it is paid?

I have combined these two threads together as they are basically the same. Since its paid you would now have to use the GW letter to attempt removal. Do not dispute it. I suggest you send the GW letter to the office of the CEO.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Collection is a negative, but paid collection is "less" of one in a sense that it no longer updates and scores can start recovering if that's the only negative item on CR. 

Once CO is paid, collection agency has no incentive to remove it from CR. If disputed, it can come back as verified and cause issues with scoring again. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.