Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Off Accounts report differently

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charged Off Accounts report differently

I have several accounts reporting as charged off.  I'm paying on all of them.  Some report to EX as CLS and I'm paying on them.  Others report to EX as CO even though I'm paying on them as well.  Does this affect my FICO and if so, is there anything I can do about this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Charged Off Accounts report differently

A charge off is a major derog so yes, it is affecting your scores. And even though you are paying on them it is still charged off.once it is paid off you can send GW letters asking for removal of the account.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is unclear as to what is meant by one reporting to the CRA as CLS.

Can you clarify?  Was a charge-off never reported, or is that some additional status?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I found my own answer.  Some of my closed cards were reporting closed, but a couple of the closed ones were reporting charge off.  Now it makes sense.  I'm still paying the closed cards to the original creditor.  Those 2 reporting charge off are the 2 I'm paying to a third party.  So my bad.  Just got confused and thought that I was being punished more than I really am.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.