Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged off GECRB Care Credit.

tag
leesa88
New Contributor

Charged off GECRB Care Credit.

Hi All, Im  hoping somebody can point me in the right direction, all the sudden Im feeling anxious about contacting anybody on this one.

Ex Hubby and I had a care credit card with GE.. it was charged off after we split up. Ex Hubby filed bankruptcy I didnt. In the aftermath of divorce I contacted GE to see about making good on the debt and found out that the debt was charged off.. I didnt do anything at the time about it (2009).

This morning I emailed a GW letter to GE asking them if they would GW delete the tradeline, explained my sad sob story to them Smiley Sad I got an email back right away asking for my phone number. The representative from GE called me back, super nice lady. and told me that they sold the debt in 2009 to Sherman Financial, she suggested I contact them to see if they are willing to work with me.

I am so nervous about this, first of all I've never received any communication from Sherman Financial.. do I DV them first ? Or just go straight for the GW / PFD? Its for 3000, I afraid I will start something I will regret and they will sue me..

What would you suggest I do ? Thanks for any direction you can offer.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charged off GECRB Care Credit.

Since the new owner has not contacted you or reported a collection to the CRA, you have a chance to prevent that from happening by offering them payment in exchange for not reporting to a CRA.

With no receipt of dunning notice from them, any DV you send now will be timely.  Whether or not to DV them depends upon what course of action you wish to pursue.

If you DV them, your DV, being timely, will invoke an automatice cease collection bar on them until such time as they provide the requested debt verification.

That will preclude them from any negotiations with you.  It will also prevent any reporting of a collection until they provide verification.

So a DV will put all parties in limbo.  But they can immediately provide verification and then report their collection, if they so choose.  Who knows.....

Will a state if limbo serve your current needs, or do you want to begin immediate negotiations to forstall any future reporting on their part?

The charge-off is its own separate issue with the OC, and will require requests for GW deletion to get it removed.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had a similar situation. had a CO from GECRB that they sold to sherman/resurgent/lvnv funding (they are all the same, check the boards). i sent a GW TO GECRB and they deleted. Filed a BBB complaint against LVNV funding because they were reportig inaccurately and reaging and they deleted. So I managed to get them both to delete. My suggestion is to continue to GW GECRB until they agree to delete and if Sherman is reporting, make sure they are repoting valid info. I would also search the boards about sherman/resurgent/lvnv so you know what you are dealing with. Its a pretty shady CA hence all the aliases lol
Message 3 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
i had a similar situation. had a CO from GECRB that they sold to sherman/resurgent/lvnv funding (they are all the same, check the boards). i sent a GW TO GECRB and they deleted. Filed a BBB complaint against LVNV funding because they were reportig inaccurately and reaging and they deleted. So I managed to get them both to delete. My suggestion is to continue to GW GECRB until they agree to delete and if Sherman is reporting, make sure they are repoting valid info. I would also search the boards about sherman/resurgent/lvnv so you know what you are dealing with. Its a pretty shady CA hence all the aliases lol

Good info..  So did the BBB complaint work?  I have filed one as well.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you provide me with GE Care Credit email and or contact info you used for the good will letter?  Much appreciated, Thank you!

Message 5 of 9
chibi
Valued Member

I could use email for GECRB too please.

Thank you

Message 6 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor
Moved:

splint post to start a new thread in Rebuilding Your Credit

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could please pm your contact info for GERCB?  Thanks in advance!

Message 8 of 9
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I have the address or e-mail you used to GW GECRB?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.