Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargeoffs how should I handle help please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chargeoffs how should I handle help please

Ok I need some advice from anyone please.... I purchased the myfico score and went through it this is what i found

Applied Bank  $830 Bad debt/collection  dola 7/02
First Premier  $410 Bad debt/collection dola 4/02
Capital One  $1,274 Bad debt/collection dola 12/01
Midland Not on Record   $502 120+ days past due   

• The first 3 are listed as chargeoff accounts.  Midland Im not sure what that is....and not sure why it says not on record.
  • Since they are due to fall off within the next year should I even bother with them or can they haunt me later?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chargeoffs how should I handle help please

The charge offs with balances...are hurting your score...they are still being factored into your UTL...so if you plan on making any sort of big purchase...house..car...etc...I would pay them...Midland is probably reporting for one of the charge offs...if the account was SOLD to Midland..and charge off balance should be $0...so dispute as incorrect balance...what are the drop off dates???...
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For the 7 - 7.5 years for drop off it goes by DOFD, not DOLA. See if there is DOFD listed on the reports.
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

As Sly mentioned, look for the drop off dates as found by pulling your reports directly from EX and/or TU (not via MyFICO). You can also figure all three via the phone.

IMO, all other dates are often wrong. I had one with a DOFD listed as 2005, but it just fell off for hitting the 7 yr mark.

The first OCs you listed are probably the hardest to remove. If you want them off, I'd start saving now, but these are very unlikely to accept a PFD.

Midland is a CA and "not on record" refers to the account number. Looks like you got this from MyFICO EQ report. I'd pull the others to see how they are reporting and I'd pull the reports directly from the CRAs as well.

Keep an eye on your SOL as it relates to these accounts.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.