Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CR Note: Consumer disputes after resolution

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CR Note: Consumer disputes after resolution

So after writing GW letters to Chase and still not getting anywhere with them regarding a request to remove late remarks.

Now they updated my report with this:

Consumer disputes after resolution

Is this bad? Will it hurt me when it comes time to house hunt?

thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CR Note: Consumer disputes after resolution

isisblue wrote:

So after writing GW letters to Chase and still not getting anywhere with them regarding a request to remove late remarks.

Now they updated my report with this:

Consumer disputes after resolution

Is this bad? Will it hurt me when it comes time to house hunt?

thanks in advance!

Some OCs, like Chase, will mark the TL in dispute when GW letters are sent. I have an old car loan that does that with every GW.

While some LOs frown on dispute remarks, it shouldn't hurt. Just explain to the LO that you sent a GW to fix this or that when Chase opted to mark your CR in that way.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Yes it's possible that it can hurt you.  About 18 mths ago I disputed reporting dates with Wells Fargo on a paid charge off.  They kept reporting and I thought they shouldn't and it turned out that WF put the same message on all 3 of my reports.  I was just approved for a mortgage on Monday with the condition that I provide a letter regarding the dispute and also have it removed from all 3 reports.  I was able to get in touch with WF and they are sending something to the CRA's but it is still more stress than I'd like right now.  My suggestion, if you're planning to shop for a mortgage soon, get that statement off the tradeline.  My LO told me this is a new FNMA requirement.  You never know what a lender is going to ask for.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.