Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Chargeoff / MRS BPO collection not reporting on credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Chargeoff / MRS BPO collection not reporting on credit

I had a 3k credit card that went to collections. I recieved notification from the collection agency MRS BPO and would like to contact them to start setting up payment arrangements but something that is confusing to me. I show they have been making inquires on my credit since March but not reporting. If I set up a payment plan and start making payments will they then put the collection on the credit?

I know I owe this money and I want to repay the debt, but at the same time don't want to ruin my credit even worse by another collection account.. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Chargeoff / MRS BPO collection not reporting on credit

I have a $9k charge off w/ Chase and it is at MRS as well.   If you go on their site there is a way to set up an arrangement but I haven't done it yet.   I would like to know about reporting as well since they havent yet for me,

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long has your account been with MRS? Just strange to me its not reporting on credit, only the "charge off " from chase. I did go online and saw the option to make a payment but not option for payment arrangement. I know most people say " oh just leave it there, it will fall off". With my luck, they would sue me in the mean time so I would rather make payments to avoid any further messes.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can first make them a pay for not reporting offer.

If they agree, you then have a binding contract that will preclude their subsequent reporting to a CRA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.