Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Credit Cards

Hi,

I have 2 Credit Cards with Chase, one was charged off and sent to collections.
The other card was closed and I recently started making payments on it, since that's the only one that's still available to do so online.

I went on Military Training for 9 months and had no communication whatsoever from the outside world.
No phones, no computers, nothing.

Is their anything I can do to recover from this situation?
I never missed a payment before I left.

Appreciate your responses!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Cards

I found it to be just about impossible to get Chase to remove a charge off even when it was a mistake on their part.  The Executive Office is very professional, but they seem very devoted to NOT removing information.  Good luck!  

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would the executive office be my best bet in attemting to try and resolve something?

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Would the executive office be my best bet in attemting to try and resolve something?

Yes and there are special circumstances for people serving in the military. Just be truthful in what happened.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you reccomend calling them first and explaning things?

Or writing up a goodwill letter and sending it in?

Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you reccomend calling them first and explaning things?

Or writing up a goodwill letter and sending it in?

If these are now paid off yes write GW to office of the CEO. If not paid same thing but with offer to settle in full.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I don't have the funds at the moment to pay things in full what would you suggest?

I'm going to try and go down and get a debt consolidation from the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society on base in a few weeks. 

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If I don't have the funds at the moment to pay things in full what would you suggest?

I'm going to try and go down and get a debt consolidation from the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society on base in a few weeks. 

You could set up payments too but if you are going to try and get this consolidation I would not talk to anyone until you have your ducks in a row.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey gdale6, late reply I apologize. Thank you for taking time to get back with me.

I wasn't able to get a consdolidation loan since they don't do those type of loans, only small hundred dollar cash amount interest free loans. So you think trying to call the debt collector or whoever has the charge off, and offering to set up a payment would be a good idea? Was hoping to try and aim for doing a pay for delete if possible. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.