Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW - Failed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase GW - Failed

Hi Everyone,

So I had a CO with Chase and it had a balance so I went in for a settlement.  I was able to get them to accept 30% of the balance which was a big win since owed them several thousands of dollars.  When I asked for a delete to pay or if they would do anything for my credit they sent me over to their credit reporting department.  I spoke to a guy over in that department.  I explained I had a flawless track record with Chase and the reason I became behind and in this situation was due to a lay off.  I even told him I would supply evidence to prove that I was in a difficult situation in life.  NO DICE.  While he did say he was sorry for the situation, there is nothing he could do.  He said the bank follows very strict guidlines and is a "reporting" bank.  No goodwill and no dice.  I guess I will be starting my GW letter campaign to them.  Anyone have success with Chase?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MEE2Too
Valued Member

Re: Chase GW - Failed

My goodwill letter worked for me, everything needs to be in writing. You will have to dispute it with credit agencies in order for them to update your account correct. Find out the address for the credit department and send them the letter directly, someone can help you.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply... So you disputed the tradeline and then asked for good will?  Just trying to figure out what would be the most effective way to clean this up.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Message 3 of 5
MEE2Too
Valued Member

I contacted them directly by phone and then I sent a GW letter and allowed for them to respond which was approved. She mentioned the only was for them to change it would be to dispute it so it get sent back to them for correction etc. I would send a letter weekly..they will respond. Even if the letter comes back no, I would still open a dispute and see what happens.
Message 4 of 5
jrubedjmp311
New Contributor

Mee2too, can i pm u?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.