cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW question - what kind of account did you have?

tag
heckofagator
Valued Member

Chase GW question - what kind of account did you have?

Hi all, I had a mortgage with Chase, paid in full, and can't get the Exec Offices to delete the trade line.  They say pretty firmly that they don't do this sort of thing - EVER.  I keep seeing all these successes with them, and today I wondered if they just might not delete mortgage accounts, but maybe only consumer credit card accounts.

So for those of you who've tried GW letters to the Chase Exec offices, what was your result and more importantly, what kind of account was it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase GW question - what kind of account did you have?

I just got a TL deletion from Chase this week, but it was for a CC with a max balance under $10K.
Message 2 of 4
2NE1
Established Contributor

Two CC TLs removed:

WAMU -> Chase ; $2K CL

Chevy Chase -> Chase ; $400 CL

I've never read a success GW removal for a Chase mortgage. You might be the only one on this board.
Message 3 of 4
heckofagator
Valued Member

I'm starting to think you may be right and this is the reason I keep getting denied.

I just wish they'd be honest.  I asked specifically this last time if there was something partciular about my account that prevented them from doing the deletion and they just keep saying "According to the Fair Debt Reporting Act we can't ammend or delete an accurate report for anyone - no exceptions".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.