Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Settlement-Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Settlement-Please help!

Does anyone have a direct phone number for the Chase Settlement Control Team? 

I settled a chase health credit card on 6/7 and received a letter stating a settlement offer (after I paid) but I need a letter stating my balance is zero.  After 5 days of mis -information from the settlement department, they told me it could take up to 45 days to receive a letter stating that my balance is zero!  The settlement control team has to charge off the debt and report it and will generate that letter.  Im in the middle of the mortgage process and the lender needs something stating I paid and my balance is ZERO.  They have reluctantly esculated it to the settlement control team...but pretty much said don't hold my breath.  

Does anyone else have any experience with this?  Does anyone have a phone number for this settlement control team?  

The number I have been reaching out to and made the settlement with is 866-252-5777.

Any help or direction would be appreciated as this may disrput my house buying Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Settlement-Please help!

Chase takes their sweet time with their letters they don't really care sadly. In my case they were supposed to send the letter out but never did. Don't be afraid to call call call and make sure they send the letter.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They esculated it to that department, then I called back threatening to call the CFPB for being misinformed by multiple reps.  The supervisor seemed frazzled and esculated it again.  Praying I receive it shortly!!! Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 623(a)(2) is the relevant statutory reporting requirment.

It mandates that a furnisher of information must "promptly" update their reporting as necessary to reflect its current accuracy.

No set period in days, weeks, or months is provided.

The standard is thus a reasonable interpretation of what is or is not "prompt."

The norm is that they include update in their next regular reporting cycle.  Giving some admin time to post and clear the payment through their financial system, and then foward to an process by their reporting department, a standard period would reasonable by at least 45 days.

I would not assert unreasonably delay until at least the end of July.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't necessarily need it to report, a one sentence receipt that I settled, made the agreed payment and have a balance of zero is what I need. They were quick to take my money I don't understand why spitting out a 1 sentence receipt of payment needs to take that long. When I pay for something any other way I get a receipt.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

First - is anyone active on this string?   I recieved a letter from chase to settle at 10%, after reading this string, I want to know if I can have a confirmation of letter, or request something immediatly (while on phone) to confirm debt is payed.

Please help!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.