Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase and BK

How long does Chase blacklist when you include them in BK?

Apparently I had a Chase Slate Card when I filed back in 2005 was discharged in July 2006. Found out when I called to recon. Was on my 4th round of verifications with the UW on the phone when she asked had I ever filed BK. I told her yes, she told me I had included a card I had with them. I filed because I had been diagnosed with a stage IV cancer with only 16 months to live (almost 12 years ago). I don't ever remember having a Chase account of my own (I know I was a card holder on my mom's at one point). Just got a letter confirming that they investigated and that the card in question was included in the BK I filed in March 2005!

Just looking to see when I can try to reapp with them now that my scores are coming up.

Well, you learn something new every day!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase and BK

I don't know about a BK - BUT - I burnt them back in 2004.  Basically settled an $18K account for about $6K.  I was able to get a Chase Freedom card 2 years ago.....don't know if that helps....but that was my experience.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never filed BK but I burned Chase for $8000 when they bought a different bank's store card just days before I went 30D late and eventually CO.  I don't know for sure but I believe it went late or CO around August 2007.

Whenever I visit my Chase banker, on his screen it always says in big bright red font "CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT" on my user screen.

Until July 2017, I never saw a Chase preapproval for anything but then in July I got preapproved for the Freedom Unlimited -- applied and approved.

I assume I am off their blacklist after about exactly 10 years.

This was a CO, not a BK.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. IMHO I think that if I just waited for my score to rise to where it is now I may have been approved during app. I will wait a few months and continue to watch the pre-qual page and see if that works.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I was stunned when I saw the prequal on Chase Credit Journey so I logged into my Chase bank account and it was the first time I ever saw a green check mark under "My Offers" so I applied and was approved.

My FICO scores were not where they are today so I was shocked they let me back in, but I'll be treating the card well and hoping that they approve me for a second card 6 months after I apped for this one.  Supposedly the "offers" disappear for a few months, up to 6 months, after you accept once.  Not sure if that's true but I have it on my calendar to remind me to check "my offer" and Chase Credit Journey on a particular date in the near future.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really is true that everyone's files are viewed so differently.

Congrats! I will continue to watch and hopefully they will allow me back in. So far no pre approvals from anyone for me (I check daily)!

Can't wait to see that first one. Fortunately I was approved with NFCU back in July and the end of this month first week in Nov. is my 90+ so I can request a CLI on my Cash Rewards Card with them and app for a 2nd card. I feel like this is my only hope for an approval right now. I'm afraid to app for anything else just yet, but want to so badly!

I want to try Citi and Discover, but don't want to be declined...

Oh well, I will hang tight for 4 more weeks.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.