Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase charge-off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase charge-off

I had paid this cc account off in 11/2004 or so I thought.  Turns out there was a remaining balance that I never paid.  It was charged-off for $268.00 in 7/2005. I have sent them 2 PFDs with no response.  An email PFD to the the CEO of Credit Card Services sent 3/24/09.  Of course, I want to PFD but not sure where to go from here. Yes, I can PIF but to whom? lol

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase charge-off

All you can do is to continue with the PFDs. Some OCs don't respond, but many take 15-30 days before they'll get back with you. PFD to whoever is reporting, using the address on the CR first.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

SUCCESS!!!!  Emailed CEO and secretary called back.  Made payment and viola...deleted from all 3 CRAs!  This will make a huge difference(or I'm hoping) with EQ.  This charge-off has been on there for 4 years and EQ was counting every month.  This will remove 49 lates!  TU didn't count them that way.  Not sure about EXP.

Like so many others, I am so glad I found this forum!  It's amazing what a little knowledge and perseverance can accomplish! 

I might be able to take advantage of $8K housing tax credit after all. I could possibly be in a house by the end of the year.  Thought that would be many years away still.

Back to plugging away at the baddies with my goodwill letter assaults! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 27
SoccerFan
Valued Member

Congrats, I'm in a similar situation with a Chase account that was charged-off. Where did you acquire the CEO's email?
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Climber,

Who did you e-mail?  CEO of card services?  Was it G***** S****?  I emailed him a few days ago.  How long did it take for them to respond?

I had a Chase CO that I tried to pay, but they sold it to collections as soon as I tried to pay it.  I paid that with the collection agency, and now I need to GW the CO off my report.  This has also been reporting every month.  I have something like 29 120 day lates in a row on 2 reports, and 28 150 day lates in a row on the other.  Really would like to get that off.

What score increase are you seeing because of this?

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting,  Yes, that is who I emailed. I emailed him on 3/24 late at night.  His secretary sent me an email on 4/1 stating she had been trying to get a hold of me by phone.  (who knows what number she had from 4 years ago..) I responded immediately with a phone number.  Then didn't hear anything. Emailed her again on 4/15. We played phone tag til the 18th. I sent out chk on 4/18, she received 4/21.  She is sending me out a letter stating that she deleted all 3. Only EXP has deleted so far. Not buying EXP score!  I'll repost point hike on TU and EQ when I get them. Now, this isn't my last baddie so I'm not sure what to expect for point increase. 

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soccerfan,  You know, it seemed to be a myriad of places.  The better business bureau has good information on the higher-ups.  I read some post here that said after you get a CEO name to try to plug it in different ways.  So, I used his first/last name separated by a period@chase.com.  I also think I got some info from consumerist.com.  And just searching anything possible on the internet. 
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soccer, go to consumerist and type in "Chase e-mail" to get all the info you need.

Climbing, thanks.  I think you should get a big jump.  Deleting 40 120 day lates is huge.  It may affect your AAoA, but I will take a deleted charge off with multiple derogs anyday of the week.

I'm getting 10-20 point jumps with every deleted collection, so deleting a charge off with almost 30 120/150 day lates reporting up until last month should jack up my score quite a bit, I hope.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I thought about my AAofA.  I have a 9 year history with this account, half of it being bad...lol  Luckily I still have older accounts than this one. But still would rather get this red pulsing infected neon sign out of my credit reports!
Message 9 of 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Op, congrats with your success. quick question. Did you card start out as chase card or is it some thing prov/wamu/chase? I have an old c/o 5 year old prov/wamu/chase now reporting as chase. I wonder if it would work for me also.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.