Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Support Reporting question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Child Support Reporting question

Thank you. It has been reporting since 1988 and I would really like to get it removed since I paid it. It only reports on my eqifax.
Message 11 of 31
NikJ4
Established Contributor

nope not in texas, yeah i use to work for the state also. (I have worn a lot of hats). It will report as a debt until 7 yrs from DOFD just like any other bad debt. They only report if you are bad then it stays. Now it should be able to show closed once child turns 18 yrs old but they are basically keeping it open since it has been established it will stay. You can try and call and fight it though and see. I am not sure what state you are located. I am in Texas and each state makes up their own rules.
Good Luck.
Sorry, I just noticed you said since 1988. Wow. you need to call your local AG office to get resolved. That child should be grown at this point. You should have no additional legal liability. That doesnt mean they will take it off but they can close it out and then you can see if they would be nice to remove. (doubt it but it dont hurt to try)

Message Edited by NikJ4 on 08-20-2008 11:22 PM
Message 12 of 31
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Does CS factor into your FICO score ?
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat. My CS is for arrearges and it goes back to 1989. The original court order (1992) required me to pay $200/month towards the arrearges which I did on and off. Then in 2000 Califirnia tried to have it enforced in Indiana. I went in front of a judge (Indiana) and was ordered to pay the principal. Which I did but not the interest. Now 8 years later I live in Florida and California has attached my wages. It has been reporting on all 3 CRA. EQ and Ex show it as being closed but TU shows it open with an amount. I disputed it with TU but it came back that it was staying. TU shows it coming off in 2010. My question is: isn't the DOFD used to start the clock? If this is the case then the date right before I went in front of the judge in Indiana (2000) should be used, right? I made all of the payments and I have all of the documents to prove this. If I had made payments after this order in 2000 would that reset the 7 year clock?What next? Any help will help me. I was turned down for an FHA loan due to this reporting on TU as is it. It is not being reported as a public record (judgement) it is being reported as an instalment loan with deg payment history.
Message 14 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@cw81 wrote:

It does if it reports as a judgment. If not, it shouldn't affect your score, because it's not credit. But I've read a lot of posts where CS is being reported incorrectly.Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 31
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@cw81 wrote:

It does if it reports as a judgment. If not, it shouldn't affect your score, because it's not credit. But I've read a lot of posts where CS is being reported incorrectly.Smiley Mad

Yup its reporting incorrectly but not a judgment thanks for the info HTSU
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure many people need this question answered so......BUMP
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 18 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hang on, we're trying to find out one more thing.

Can you re-cap? --were you late, how often, how badly, how long ago, were you sent to collections or get a judgment? sorry, I know you have mentioned some of this, but I think it was kind of spread out. thx
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Orioles wrote:
I'm sure many people need this question answered so......BUMP

Your child support trade line with a $0 balance is not  factoring into your score.
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.