Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Support Reporting question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Child Support Reporting question

Glad to hear it's not affecting my scores, but how do I get it removed from my Equifax report. It's been reporting as an account for 20 years and I just want it removed. Even though I've done more than enough to support my child his vindictive mother made this possible and I just want it gone.
Message 21 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You can ask the party who is reporting the trade line to close the account and delete it, but there is guarantee of this, as the reporting party is not obliged to do so.
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
  Even though I've done more than enough to support my child his vindictive mother made this possible and I just want it gone.

Easy there. I finally receive child support through the state, and my kids and I are grateful for their help - which was not easy to get, and was not my first choice of solutions.

Just mean to say this is a touchy topic, so please tiptoe a bit. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by likewise on 08-22-2008 01:21 AM
Message 23 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

This is just a friendly reminder from one of the myFICO mods, please remember to be friendly and supportive when posting in the forum.

Thank you for your cooperation!

--fused

Message Edited by fused on 08-21-2008 06:05 PM
Message 24 of 31
TerrenceATL
Contributor

I have a question regarding child support reporting. Is it supposed to be listed as an other account or installment or can they list it however they want. The reason I'm asking is because on my TU & EQ reports it is listed in the other account types and on my EX report it is listed as an installment account. I am in arrears and my EQ and TU fico scores are in the 630-640 fair on the verge of good range and my EX score is poor. The reports have the exact same thing on them except one $250 collection account on EX that's not on the others. Could my very low score on EX be because the CS is reporting as an installment? If so how do I get EX to change it to the proper category or can they report it how they please. Thanks in advance.
6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
9/24/09 EQ 761 * EX 729 (from NFCU loan app) * TU 666
Message 25 of 31
TerrenceATL
Contributor

bump
6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the others have any collections on them?

How recent is this collection that is on EX that isn't on the others?

If I had to guess, the collection is the reason for the score differences.

TerrenceATL wrote:
I have a question regarding child support reporting. Is it supposed to be listed as an other account or installment or can they list it however they want. The reason I'm asking is because on my TU & EQ reports it is listed in the other account types and on my EX report it is listed as an installment account. I am in arrears and my EQ and TU fico scores are in the 630-640 fair on the verge of good range and my EX score is poor. The reports have the exact same thing on them except one $250 collection account on EX that's not on the others. Could my very low score on EX be because the CS is reporting as an installment? If so how do I get EX to change it to the proper category or can they report it how they please. Thanks in advance.

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so here is the question, plain and simple. Is it worth my time and effort to dispute the DOFD with the CRA's, supplying documentation that supports the fact that the agency is improperly reporting the DOFD? Or will the CRA's just rely on the information that the State is supplying to them?

Please give me your opinons.
Message 28 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

mapguy wrote:
OK so here is the question, plain and simple. Is it worth my time and effort to dispute the DOFD with the CRA's, supplying documentation that supports the fact that the agency is improperly reporting the DOFD? Or will the CRA's just rely on the information that the State is supplying to them?

Please give me your opinons.

I would dispute it as past credit reporting time periods (obsolete). If you are sure the DOFD is before 2000 and you have proof (hard copies of old credit reports) of it, send it with your dispute.
Message 29 of 31
TerrenceATL
Contributor

The collection account is about 3 years old. It is from an overdraft on a US bank account.
6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.