Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Support reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Child Support reporting

DH has a child support case from another state. The child is now almost sixteen. The payments come right out of his check so there haven't been any problems. About five years ago, the mother decided to ask for some past due child support, and that amount went to collections because we couldn't pay it right away. It was about $8000. So we have an extra amount taken out each week to go to the past due amount. But on his EX and TU reports it just says "collection" and on EQ it has 120 days late every month for two years. We called the child support people and they said the CRAs have to contact them about the status, so we sent those letters and the only thing that happened was that TU just deleted the whole thing.

Is this correct reporting of that amount? I'm just bummed because it looks like he's a deadbeat who doesn't pay. I know we have to pay and that's not really the problem. I just wish it didn't show up as 120 days late. If I send proof of payments directly to the CRAs will that make a difference?

Boy, I sound like a huge whiner. Sorry!

Message Edited by Bzzzymom on 05-05-2008 06:52 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Child Support reporting

Bzzzymom wrote:
DH has a child support case from another state. The child is now almost sixteen. The payments come right out of his check so there haven't been any problems. About five years ago, the mother decided to ask for some past due child support, and that amount went to collections because we couldn't pay it right away. It was about $8000. So we have an extra amount taken out each week to go to the past due amount. But on his EX and TU reports it just says "collection" and on EQ it has 120 days late every month for two years. We called the child support people and they said the CRAs have to contact them about the status, so we sent those letters and the only thing that happened was that TU just deleted the whole thing.

Is this correct reporting of that amount? I'm just bummed because it looks like he's a deadbeat who doesn't pay. I know we have to pay and that's not really the problem. I just wish it didn't show up as 120 days late. If I send proof of payments directly to the CRAs will that make a difference?

Boy, I sound like a huge whiner. Sorry!

Message Edited by Bzzzymom on 05-05-2008 06:52 PM

You sent letters to? The CRA?

If so, did they mark the accounts in dispute and "re-investigate" them?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent letters to all CRAs about the "late payments" and said that we had paid every month for the last two years with no problems and that child support enforcement needed to be contacted by them directly (why??) to resolve it. None of the CRAs currently report it as being disputed. TU sent me a letter stating it was deleted.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bzzzymom wrote:
I sent letters to all CRAs about the "late payments" and said that we had paid every month for the last two years with no problems and that child support enforcement needed to be contacted by them directly (why??) to resolve it. None of the CRAs currently report it as being disputed. TU sent me a letter stating it was deleted.

Has it been 30 days? Did you send the letters CMRRR?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We didn't do CMRRR. Now I feel stupid about that but I didn't know if it would be considered an actual dispute.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anytime that you ask the CRAs to do anything it is a dispute!!  You will need to start over with EQ and EX and send by fax or CMRRR
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.