Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi-Goodwill Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi-Goodwill Success

Good news after checking up on my Capital One free credit report today.

After falling up to 120 days behind for several months back in 2015 after getting hurt at work, and catching up and still current now......Citi finally removed 9 months of late payments from 2015. After a year plus of sending goodwill letters, especially to their corporate office, and getting some of my letters returned to me telling they will stop opening mail from my return address....I used the saturation technique finally and sent them to every Citi address I could find including their NewYork corporate address. So I cannot tell for sure what address worked. 

It feels good to finally get this one done, now only if I can crack Capital One for the same time frame. I thought Capital One would be easy considering they never closed my cards when I fell behind, I am current and back to using them again. So we'll see after round 4 of Capital One letters go out this week.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi-Goodwill Success

Amazing.  Perfect example of how persistence pays off.   Great Job and Congrats!   

Any idea of what effect the removal of the late pays have had on your scores? 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many many congratulations,

Can you message me those addresses you used. I am trying to get a charge off removed. Thanks

Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

good job

Message 4 of 10
ZS1988
Established Member

Hi and congrat on the goodwill letter for citi bank.

I'm trying to send goodwill letter to citibank also, can you give me an example of your letter that works.

Thanks.

US Bank Platinum: $2000
Cap 1: $1500

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ! Just had to say...this post made me laugh once I got to "they said they would stop opening mail with my return address ". Shows how persistent you were LOL GOOD JOB! 👏👏👍
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done and well-deserved! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations, OP!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 10
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

This is awesome and congrats! I always get their generic letter back for a 30 day late so this gives me hope that one day it could happen.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, everyone. I just sent out another round to CapOne so hopefully, that will change also. As for addresses, just Google  CitiBank address. I don't remember them off hand and don't have them written down anymore now. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.