Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Secured Instant Approval

tag
numba1fan
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Secured Instant Approval

Congratulations! I'm wondering if I should apply for them or not. I have two unsecured cards with capital one. I'll think about it. Let me know how the card goes for ya! 

Message 11 of 21
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!! I was instantly approved to with no good standing accounts, Collections, repossessions, and charge offs.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 12 of 21
numba1fan
Regular Contributor

@simplegirl wrote:
Congratulations!! I was instantly approved to with no good standing accounts, Collections, repossessions, and charge offs.

Do you know how long it takes for the CITI secured to graduate to unsecured? Is it 18 months?

Message 13 of 21
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Yes 18 months

Goals:

Message 14 of 21
numba1fan
Regular Contributor

@simplegirl wrote:
Yes 18 months

Sheesh! That's a long time!

Message 15 of 21
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

It is but it helps you get discipline. It gives you more time to rebuild instead of getting one unsecure card and saying since this one graduating let me apply for some more cards.

Goals:

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@numba1fan wrote:

Congratulations! I'm wondering if I should apply for them or not. I have two unsecured cards with capital one. I'll think about it. Let me know how the card goes for ya! 

If you already have unsecured cards IMHO there is no need to backtrack and get a secured card. Its better to garden the unsecured cards, get some age, good payment history and CLI's. Then go after better unsecured when your credit permits. 

Message 17 of 21
numba1fan
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@numba1fan wrote:

If you already have unsecured cards IMHO there is no need to backtrack and get a secured card. Its better to garden the unsecured cards, get some age, good payment history and CLI's. Then go after better unsecured when your credit permits. 

Thank you! I will take your advice!! 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it's a bummer that I have to wait 18 months but you gotta start somewhere.

Message 19 of 21
calyx
Super Contributor

There is evidence that Citi can sometimes graduate at 12 months if they like your profile.
And while I'm kinda hoping for it, I'm also fine with my 18 month wait.   It's a good way to establish relationships with banks if you can afford it and you're patient *and* at least it graduates to a legacy product you can product change.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.