Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Secured

Hey FICO family. I know there are posts out there about the Citi secured card, but I wanted one that covered my specific situation.

I currently have a Capital One QS. Limits is $500 and UTIL is low, 5%. I have 3 baddies across the boards. One is a CO and the other two are collections. Scores are 515-545 currently, TU being my highest.

Has anyone had luck being approved with baddies?

I know they pull the funds THEN make a decision, so if I do pull the trigger and app I don't want to get my hopes up just from that.

Am I better off trying to PFD the baddies before I app for Citi? Never have had them before, and no BK. I know they can be really picky though.

Any advice is as always appreciated!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Secured

I just got approved for citi secured credit card with 5 baddies so you should be ok
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for this card. My lowest score was a 589 though and I have a few baddies. 

Message 3 of 11
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Why not just go for the Cap1 secured in which you are first approved THEN you send your deposit.

DiscoverIT secured has lots of potential and even cash back I believe. It's there something about the citi card you like?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the updates so far. I was denied for Discover unfortunately. Just want to get my foot in the door with Citi so someday get the DC, if I can get my scores up well enough!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to update that I was approved. I apped a week ago Friday (3/31) and I got the "we will contact you in a week" email. Funds of $200 came out of my account on Monday the 3rd, then just about 15 minutes ago I got the approval letter! So excited to get my foot in the door with Citi.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just wanted to update that I was approved. I apped a week ago Friday (3/31) and I got the "we will contact you in a week" email. Funds of $200 came out of my account on Monday the 3rd, then just about 15 minutes ago I got the approval letter! So excited to get my foot in the door with Citi.

Congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! I have had my secured Citi about 13 months now.
Message 8 of 11
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

Congrats
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this card need a lot of usage? Is it a problem if I just throw it in the SD for 18 months until it graduates and I can turn it into something with rewards?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.