Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi automatically CLI, score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi automatically CLI, score?

I just got a email from my citi bank card that they automatically increased my limit by 1000. I didn’t ask for it . I keep my cards at AZEO at 7% . Will the CLI help or drop my scores?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi automatically CLI, score?

It will help by lowering your overall utli. but cant speculate how much, it will be dependent on your profile.

Message 2 of 5
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Every month you should still do azeo at 7% or less,In the Fico scoring model overall cc utilization has no memory so do the same every month.Be sure to show activity on all your cc's.Actually you only have to do azeo method before any apps to increase credit score.So maybe you can rotate different cc's and show a balance or let them all report a balance and do azeo method before any apps.Increasing cc credit limit will lower your Fico score as your overall cc utilization increases depending on how much you charge compaired to your overall credit limits.The worst case scenario is when you max out all of your cc's and you used up all of your available credit limits and that's what's reported to your cr's.

Message 3 of 5
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

It is 100% positive as far as mathematical models. The only risk is if the credit card holder felt like they had $1000 to splurge. But if you continue using the card in exactly the same way, this is purely a benefit in terms of credit score. Depending on your profile, the benefit may be so small it isn't visible or it may be worth a few points. It is not a big deal but it is positive.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got a email from my citi bank card that they automatically increased my limit by 1000. I didn’t ask for it . I keep my cards at AZEO at 7% . Will the CLI help or drop my scores?

Depends on what the total CL amounts you have. If your sticking at 7% and the $1000 CLI drops you to 6%. No real loss/gain. It will show future creditors you can handle higher CL's in the future.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.