Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi bank charge off

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Citi bank charge off

i have a Citi bank in collection with midland, should i pay in full or settle, its $1600, might want to get back in with them.. Thank you and be safe.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi bank charge off

@razzy116 wrote:

i have a Citi bank in collection with midland, should i pay in full or settle, its $1600, might want to get back in with them.. Thank you and be safe.

I believe Midland will do a PFD. Verify this. They may have something to send you in writing. Pay in full, but make sure they will not blacklist you.  Lenders are tightening their underwriting lately due to the effects of Covid-19.  Wells Fargo laying thousands end of the year, so things make get tough for everyone.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

It depends. We need more information. Did they sell it to Midland ? Or is Midland acting as collector on behalf of Citi. What does the balance show on Citi account on your report. if they sold it them Midland bought it for pennies and I would go for a settlement. Ask Citi and Midland and see what you can find out. It if is sold they make a settlement.

Message 3 of 5
razzy116
Established Contributor

Citi bank sold it to midland, i know midland does pfd, what i want to know will citi let me back in if i want there card again. Thank you and be safe

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a citi charge off with portfolio.  I settled for about 35% of original amount in May of 2018.  By January of 2020 I was back in with citi with an AA card and $9500 limit

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.