Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi card paid off and now reporting wrong

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Citi card paid off and now reporting wrong

So I pid off my citibank credit card. It was a closed account but not late in atleast two years. They reported to all three credit bureaus when they reported the zero balance that it is now a charge off derogatory account that has been 120 days late. I called and complained and they said they would correct it. I got a letter in the mail asking for a copy of my credit reports. Now what? Do I pay to pull my three credit reports so I send them a copy? Or should I just go online and dispute the account with the credit bureaus. I am so angry. They are reporting this account incorrectly, told me they would fix ot, and now I have to pay for my credit reports? So not fair. What do I do? I do plan on paying and pulling my reports but was trying to wait atleast another month to see if any of my gw letters I sent out a week ago worked.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi card paid off and now reporting wrong

Have you pulled your reports from AnnualCreditReport.com within the last year? If you have not, I would suggest pulling all three of your reports there for free, and you can then send copies of your reports to your lender. http://www.annualcreditreport.com/ Best of Luck.
Message 2 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

they just did this to me, account have been paid since july and is now showing like this. lates payent ever was 90 in 2008 and now it show 120 late as of Feb 2012

Message 3 of 56
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Keep calling ask for a supervisor and then their supervisor. I finally have someone working on this. Keep trying and don't take no for an answer.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 4 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you have names of who you talked too? 

I called today and they had me fax them some stuff should i call in 1-2 days? mine whoed up as a 3rd account....... odd

also i'm trying to get a morgage (pre-approved on friday) and now this !! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Message 5 of 56
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Guess what, I am going through this as well.  I paid off my account which was closed in 2008 as I was enrolled in a DMP.  No late payment for 3 years and 2 months.  I paid it off in full NOV 2011.  Then in February, it reflected as 120 days past due, charge off, collection account.  Same story, how the account is reflected correctly, but they could not tell me when it went past 120 days.  This is week 4 that I am dealing with them, Sears/Citibank...

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 6 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them yesterday and they checked the account. about same story as you. the manager told me to fax stuff in, so i did. and thismoring the 120day late is OFF feb 2012 but the account still says charge off/collection and one says 120 days or 4 payment pass due, but in the history you can clearly see it never went past 90 days

I want to use there math in my checking account !!!

Message 7 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i'm tried of playing phone/fax/CB/lawyer tag, i have reported this to my local fox new channel, BBB, and the FTC. I'm looking for more places to report it right now.

Message 8 of 56
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Well, I am in the exact same boat in regard to how it reflect the account as a charge off.  HOWEVER, they can not tell me when it went past 60 days, let alone why it should reflect as such.  I am going to call today, and if anybody have the CEO email, fired it to me!!!!

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 9 of 56
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well i'm tried of playing phone/fax/CB/lawyer tag, i have reported this to my local fox new channel, BBB, and the FTC. I'm looking for more places to report it right now.

I applaud your enthusiasm but I definitely LOLed when I saw you reporting this to your local Fox News channel.. Smiley Happy

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.