Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank GW SUCCESS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank GW SUCCESS

Just wanted to give some hope to those trying to GW with Citibank. I had a Citibank/Goodyear card for some tires on a vehicle I no longer own. About 8 months ago I settled with them and paid a lesser amount since the card was already charged off. About 3 months ago I began saturating them with GE letters. In the first few rounds I asked them to GW EIGHT late payments. I got several letters back saying "We don't remove accurate information etc. etc. On one of my final rounds of GW letters, I simply just asked them to remove the account from my credit report. When I sent these letters off, I went to the Citibank website and used EVERY address they had listed... even ones that specifically said for mortgage payments or other non-credit card departments. About a week later I got a letter stating that they would be removing the account and reporting the removal to all three credit bureaus!! I think it was easier for them to delete the entire account than is was to GW eight late payments.

I will add... 

This card was not my oldest card and it was closed, so it was not contributing to my utilization. If you are thinking about doing this with one of your oldest cards or one that greatly contributes to your utilization, I would try to get the late payments GW and not the account entirely deleted. Having an older line of credit or a line of credit with a high limit completely removed can do more harm than having the late payments.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Citibank GW SUCCESS

Congratulations on the GW removal. Also, a great idea. I am going to try changing my request to removal on the next round of GW letters.

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank GW SUCCESS

congradulations OP !

big hurdle you have accomplished there!

Gives others Hope of Your Success..

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.