Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank How dare you

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Citibank How dare you

@Anonymous wrote:

Seriously, I want to cry. I just checked my Chase cards and they've done the same. I paid them off and now my credit limits have been reduced by several thousand dollars. I'm paying this all off because I want to better my score and get out of debt. I want to buy a house next year. But now I feel like if I manage to get forward two steps, here come the credit card companies pushing me back three steps. I could understand if I had late payments, but every card has been paid on time, every time. I was excited to pay off my debt and see my scores rebound back to what they use to be, but now I'm just totally bummed.

When you get your total credit utilization below 10% call each of your CC companies and request increases. You have been a loyal customer, always paid your bills on time, used your credit line (that is what it is there for) responsibly, and request that they restore your credit limits. You have been a loyal, responsible, profitable customer. What more do they want?

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 11 of 14
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Please try not to stay discouraged. If it's possible to pay them without filing bankruptcy, do so and leave the accounts opened. Let them continue to age and in time you can get the limits up or new cards with other banks. In the meantime, your Aaoa will not suffer and your scors will rebound. Remember that this is an endurance race not a sprint.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Seriously, I want to cry. I just checked my Chase cards and they've done the same. I paid them off and now my credit limits have been reduced by several thousand dollars. I'm paying this all off because I want to better my score and get out of debt. I want to buy a house next year. But now I feel like if I manage to get forward two steps, here come the credit card companies pushing me back three steps. I could understand if I had late payments, but every card has been paid on time, every time. I was excited to pay off my debt and see my scores rebound back to what they use to be, but now I'm just totally bummed.

Chase and Citi are the worst.  Since my rebuild I have lived by one rule: Never carry a balance on a card that you can't pay off by the due date. If you don't owe them money they can't do this to you.  

Message 13 of 14
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

That sucks and I know first hand. They accidentally completely closed my account after I made a payment that decreased my balance by 60%. Despite my best efforts with letters to EO they will not re-open. I agree you should be pro=active and call them ASAP.

Good luck.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.