Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Student Loan - Charge Off

tag
Active1181
Valued Member

Citibank Student Loan - Charge Off

I show a Collection/chargeoff on my TU CR and as late on my EX and EQ for my student loan with Citibank. EX shows balance as 1694 and TU and EQ shows 0. I have recieved telephone messages from a CA on this loan about 6 months ago and I have not heard anything from anyone recently.

I want to take care of this loan, I defaulted because I am still a student and sent a signed deferment to Citibank which they say was never received, (no i did not make any copies), what is the best approach to get this paid and off my CR? Should I contact the old CA that called or how would I go about dealing with Citibank to hopefully get this loan back on track. I've head of loan Rehabilitation program on the forums, but I do not think it applies to private educational loans.

---------------------------------------
5/16 TU 735 EX 699 EQ 735

9/14 TU 722 EX 695 EQ 699
2/09 TU 533 EX 515 EQ 554
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Student Loan - Charge Off

I would contact the OC to see if they will accept payment before dealing with the CA.

If the OC won't deal with you, see if they can give you the name of the CA they turned it over too.

Message 2 of 3
Active1181
Valued Member

Re: Citibank Student Loan - Charge Off

Thanks for your help; I will contact Citibank and see what they say.
---------------------------------------
5/16 TU 735 EX 699 EQ 735

9/14 TU 722 EX 695 EQ 699
2/09 TU 533 EX 515 EQ 554
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.