Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank and 1FBUSA bank charge offs

tag
johnosonc
Valued Member

Citibank and 1FBUSA bank charge offs

So I've cleaned up my report real nice except these two charge offs which were paid in the last 2 months in the amounts of $4000 and $3000.  Disputing the accounts through the credit bureaus has not worked since all the creditors due is update the last date of activity whihc hurts my score more.  Goodwills have also been unsuccessful.  So now I'm stuck with two charge offs(paid) keeping my scores in the 600s.  Does anyone have any other suggestions or is time my only friend?

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 670
Goal ScoreSmiley Embarassed 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citibank and 1FBUSA bank charge offs

Keep sending the GW letters out. Try using the website "Planetfeedback" and send your GW letters to execs, VIPs and the CEO of CITI and FBUSA.
Message 2 of 6
johnosonc
Valued Member

Problem is if I keep sending the goodwills and they keep updating my date of last activity then they will always be on my credit report and hurt my score as the bad history will never age.

Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm confused, are you sending GW letters to the OCs and disputing the paid COs with the CRAs? Doing the latter will hurt your FICO scores.
Message 4 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

you can't dispute them off of your reports, the fact that you paid them doesn't mean they automatically get deleted.
Message 5 of 6
johnosonc
Valued Member

Anyone had success with gwilling or begging either Citibank or 1FBUSA to remove paid chargeoffs?  Send information on execs if so.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.