Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarity Services HP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clarity Services HP

not sure if this is the right spot to post this in but i saw some old posts about people getting a Clarity Services HP.. well experian just sent me a notification that i had a "intallment loan inquiry" and when i logged in was this Clarity Services requesting my credit report! Immediately sent them an email to remove this HP, but what is the best way people found to deal with them?

edit: made a phone call and the lady who answered was very nice.. claims they are smaller credit bureau through experian(uh ok?) and they will send me a copy of my report and then if i dont recognize anything i can dispute.. so whatever, she couldn't tell me over the phone why they requested my credit report....

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clarity Services HP

Its very likely that one of your creditors uses Clarity to monitor your reports. There is nothing wrong in this. I would contact Clarity and try have them recode the inquiry as a soft inquiry.

You cannot dispute inquiries with the CRA's. The CRAs will simply tell you they are a point of fact and not information reported by a furnisher, any disputing (of the permissible purpose) must be via the entity that received your report.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok either way i locked all 3 of my reports just in case which im better off anyway since im in the garden!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ok either way i locked all 3 of my reports just in case which im better off anyway since im in the garden!

Good idea. Best way there is to prevent identity theft.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

update: so glad i locked my reports, just got emails from five different payday lenders saying they could offer me money but they needed to access my credit reports.. haha too badd

(had gotten some info that Clarity services is what payday lenders use....)

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you didn’t authorize the inq, I would def dispute the HP.😳
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes ive already called them and they are sending me the report they pulled and who they pulled it for.. if its definitely a company i dont recognize i for sure will! ty!

Message 7 of 16
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

You're going to end up with FA's on all 3 bureaus

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

fa’s? thats one i dont know.. lol

Message 9 of 16
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@sasha123 FA - fraud alert

Common Abbreviation:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.