Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Action Lawsuit against Midland notification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Class Action Lawsuit against Midland notification

Did anyone else receive this?

Today I received a postcard in the mail that Midland settled a class action lawsuit for $15mm for "calls made to your cell phone and violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act". It affects folks that were called from Nov. 2, 2006 - Aug. 31, 2014. That's a lot of people!

Sounds like they'll be paying out money but not removing anything from CR's (I'd rather have it removed than get $$).

Anyway, I'm going to the website now to get my piece of the pie against this horrible company.

This is the settlement website: https://www.midlandtcpasettlement.com

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Class Action Lawsuit against Midland notification

GF got it yesterday.  She had no calls to cell (we still actually have a land line, lol)

Message 2 of 58
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did anyone else receive this?

Today I received a postcard in the mail that Midland settled a class action lawsuit for $15mm for "calls made to your cell phone and violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act". It affects folks that were called from Nov. 2, 2006 - Aug. 31, 2014. That's a lot of people!

Sounds like they'll be paying out money but not removing anything from CR's (I'd rather have it removed than get $$).

Anyway, I'm going to the website now to get my piece of the pie against this horrible company.

This is the settlement website: https://www.midlandtcpasettlement.com

Is this site legit? I had MCM on my file for a while before they removed it. Now in another few months I will get rid of them completely. I don't even want to deal with those people but if I can get money out of them I will more than gladly take anything that comes my way especially from MCM.

Message 3 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  I literally JUST completed paying off an account with Midland in December that they had sued me over and were about to garnish my wages.  I NEVER answer creditor calls so I am not sure if they ever call me but I would assume so since they filed a judgement against me.  Thanks for posing this. I have not yet received a postcard but, according to the website, you can still file a claim.

Message 4 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting.  I literally JUST completed paying off an account with Midland in December that they had sued me over and were about to garnish my wages.  I NEVER answer creditor calls so I am not sure if they ever call me but I would assume so since they filed a judgement against me.  Thanks for posing this. I have not yet received a postcard but, according to the website, you can still file a claim.

How did you find out they were about to garnish your wages?

Message 5 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a process server come to my door with the judgement filing earlier in 2015.  Then, a few months later, I got a court notice in the mail (because I never answered the judgement) stating that my wages would be garnished.  

Because of years of stupidly ignoring my credit issues, I actually had another garnishement in place then and I knew that I could only have one at a time.  Rather than waiting on one to end and the Midland one to begin I just made the effort to pay it off myself, which i just did in November.  The other garmishment ended also and now I am actively trying to clean my credit up, ratherr than ignoring it like I had been doing. 

Message 6 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a process server come to my door with the judgement filing earlier in 2015.  Then, a few months later, I got a court notice in the mail (because I never answered the judgement) stating that my wages would be garnished.  

Because of years of stupidly ignoring my credit issues, I actually had another garnishement in place then and I knew that I could only have one at a time.  Rather than waiting on one to end and the Midland one to begin I just made the effort to pay it off myself, which i just did in November.  The other garmishment ended also and now I am actively trying to clean my credit up, ratherr than ignoring it like I had been doing. 

Nice job. Was Midland easy to work with. Did you pay a lump sum or work out monthly payments?

Message 7 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job. Was Midland easy to work with. Did you pay a lump sum or work out monthly payments?

I never really dealt directly with Midland. They had a local attorney that actually filed the lawsuit so my payments were made to them.  They had a website set up for payments so  I just did that.  I paid whatever I could each pay period and had it paid off  in 4 months. I have already received the satisfaction in the mail and it has been marked as Paid on my reports also.  YAY!
Message 8 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice.

Message 9 of 58
TheBDub
Established Member

I hope I get this letter. I was robocalled on my cell nearly every day for 3 months back in 2011. They had an attorney try to serve my mom my papers.
Starting Score(Found em!) 3/13 EX: 392 EQ:421 TU: 408
Current Score: EX: 616 EQ: 657(Fako) TU: 619 01/14/2016
Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.