Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean up time, need help!

tag
DezC
Established Member

Clean up time, need help!

Hello all, I am another 28yold statistic who has managed to ruin all credibility based on ignorance, mismanagement, and backfiring idea to open lines of credit for the purpose of problem solving. When I leased my car in ‘05 my credit score was 740 I had a few oops in ‘07 but was ok unitl ‘09. In 2011 its my goal to devise a comeback plan. Please please help!

Ideally, I could pay all of these balances and this is something I am definitely working on but I’d be appreciative of any and all thoughts and suggestions on what I have presented and how to best proceed as I work towards rebuilding my credit.

MyFico EQ: 578

This is what I pulled of my 3in1 credit report from CCT:

Toyota Motor

Installment, paid

Ex- 9/07, 10/07, 5/09 30 Day                  Fall of Dates: 9/14, 10/14, 5/16

Eq- 9/07, 10/07, 5/09 30 Day                                          9/14, 10/14, 5/16

TU- 10/07, 11/07, 6/09 30 Day                                     10/14, 11/14, 6/16

Toyota Motor Credit

Ex- 9/07, 10/07 30 Day                             Fall of Dates: 9/14, 10/14

Chase credit card1-Closed by Consumer

9/09 30 Day                     Fall of Dates: 9/16

10/09 60 Day                                         10/16

11/09 30 Day                                         11/16

$3937/4600

Chase credit card2-Closed by Grantor

9/09- 30 Day                  Fall of Dates: 9/16

10/09- 60 Day                                     10/16

$53 /S250

Capital One credit card-open

7/09- 30 Day                  Fall of Dates: 7/16

$1595/$1750

Citi credit card1-OpenEX says open, EQ doesn’t say, TU says closed

Have payment agreement with Citi.

All reporting as current, paying since Dec 08-present, Shows NO 30 or 60 Day although I clearly missed some payments in order to obtain an offer for a payment plan

$4325/$4500

Citi credit card2-EX says open, EQ doesn’t say, TU says closed

Have payment agreement with Citi.

All reporting as current, paying since Dec 08-present, Shows NO 30 or 60 Day although I clearly missed some payments in order to obtain an offer for a payment plan

$7053/$7580

NordstromFSB credit card-open

1/09 30 Day late, current ever since

$322/$1000

Citifinancial - open

Unsecured Loan $4,565

Current, no lates

Citifinancial-Closed, refinanced

Showed no late payments although there were a coupleWFNNB/Express credit card-

Current, no lates

$145/$1090

GEMB/Bebe credit card, Closed- - Closed (they no longer offer credit card)

$0 Balance, no balance

Kay Jewelers credit card Closed, inactive

$0 balance, paid years ago

Only EQ reported, no lates

Prosper-closed

$0 balance, No lates

Installment loan, paid $18,000

1. Does closed by creditor count as a charge off? What effect do the closed accounts with 0 balance have on my credit?

2. What affect if any, does paying on closed accounts (chase 1&2 and Citi 1&2) make. They are still accruing interest at 5% Chase, 9% citi. I’m thinking it may make more sense to pay off CapitalOne which is still open but I may be wrong.

3. I plan to pay off the balances of Chase2, Express, Nordstoms by February. Would it make sense to do PFD letter or goodwill letter for any lates since they are in 09 and after adding 7 years ‘16 sounds so long to wait for these things to leave my credit report.

4. Toyota Motor is reporting twice. In the first account Ex and Eq report the same delinquencies. TU reports a month later, giving me a 30 day late in 6/07.Does this have a significant effect? Also, Toyota comes up again with only Ex reporting, which included 30 day lates 9/07 and 10/07. Do these count as 2 additional negatives especially when considering the fall of dates? Would it make sense to send good will letter since this has been paid off? Any other thing recommended?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Clean up time, need help!

My suggestion would be to make sure you stay current and pay off all current debt as soon as possible.

My suggestion would be to "opt out" on all three CB.

With past lates, you can write goodwill letters asking them to remove the lates.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
DezC
Established Member

Re: Clean up time, need help!

Hi, I really appreciate the response. I will hammer away at the balances as money permits and send of good will letters for sure. Can you tell me what "opt out" means and which accounts that would pertain to specifically?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.