cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleared my Equifax report and raised my score. Has anyone had this happen and used it as leverage ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleared my Equifax report and raised my score. Has anyone had this happen and used it as leverage ?

I've been working on clearing my credit reports for the last 9 months and it's frustrating to say the least. I was able to get all the negative removed from my Equifax account, and raise my score almost 100 pounts, through some small miracle. My question is, has anyone tried to use a cleared report as leverage to put pressure on the other credit reporting agencies to remove negative items that are being incorrectly reported? I hope this makes sense
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cleared my Equifax report and raised my score. Has anyone had this happen and used it as leverag

The CRAs don't care what other CRAs are reporting.  I've tried this method with an unpaid tax lien reporting on TU and unfortunately the laws and regulations don't let them remove data just because someone else removed it.  They have their own legal process for disputes and validation/verification.

Message 2 of 8
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: Cleared my Equifax report and raised my score. Has anyone had this happen and used it as leverag

Right they don't care what the other reports.
The creditors have a reporting contract with the CRA'S.

With what you have I would go to the OC or .CA and say look, you deleted this account off of EQ but not EX please remove the account from ALL CRA'S not just one.

It cost the OC and CA to report and update accounts with the CRA'S.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is the hardest to deal with so the others should be much easier for you. Remember it's a marathon not a sprint!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, Who you telling? Lol. Ive been at it since april and the process has been brutal. They never provide the information I ask for in the registered letters I sent either. I think at some point it stopped being about fixing my credit and more about holding them to what they're obligated to do under the law. It's a matter of principle now.
Message 5 of 8
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

My meanie is EX . They are truly the DEVIL!!!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind sharing your letter you sent. I'm new to the process and just gather information.

Also, what is a cleared credit report and OC?

Message 7 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you mind sharing your letter you sent. I'm new to the process and just gather information.

Also, what is a cleared credit report and OC?

Cleared report - no bad items reporting

OC - Original creditor

List of helpful abbreviations:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.