Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Charge off help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Charge off help!

I Have a closed Charge off from conns, my ex wife took the furniture when we divorced and would not give it back, needless to say i was stuck with the bill, well it was closed and charged off in 2012, well a collection agency keeps buying the account and it keeps reporting on my reports, i have disputed it on all 3 bureaus and have had no luck, well it updated again july 2019, when will this fall off my report, its killing my score, i have nothing else on my reports, no lates, and i have several cards and perfect payment history other then this thing haunting me for 8 YEARS now!! i have a discover, 2 amex cards, and a boa rewards card, all prime card lenders. when i look on my reports, it says its on my reports until January 2021, thats not even a date that it first went delinquent or that it was opened, so seems odd to me that it can stay on my report until 2021, thats 9 years 6 mos that it was opened

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed Charge off help!

@Anonymous wrote:

I Have a closed Charge off from conns, my ex wife took the furniture when we divorced and would not give it back, needless to say i was stuck with the bill, well it was closed and charged off in 2012, well a collection agency keeps buying the account and it keeps reporting on my reports, i have disputed it on all 3 bureaus and have had no luck, well it updated again july 2019, when will this fall off my report, its killing my score, i have nothing else on my reports, no lates, and i have several cards and perfect payment history other then this thing haunting me for 8 YEARS now!! i have a discover, 2 amex cards, and a boa rewards card, all prime card lenders. when i look on my reports, it says its on my reports until January 2021, thats not even a date that it first went delinquent or that it was opened, so seems odd to me that it can stay on my report until 2021, thats 9 years 6 mos that it was opened

It doesnt count from the date it was opened but the DoFD. If its in 2012 then it has to come off no later than 7.5 yrs from this date. You need to verify the date it first went delinquent and was never brought current again resulting in the CO. Once you ascertain this you can dispute it if its incorrect at the CRAs. These CA/JDBs have to follow the DoFD just like an OC has to.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just went back and looked and it shows 4/2013 first delinquent, but it still should fall off by 2020 correct? how can they still report it when its closed and charged off since 2012/2013?

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesnt count from the date it was opened but the DoFD. If its in 2012 then it has to come off no later than 7.5 yrs from this date. You need to verify the date it first went delinquent and was never brought current again resulting in the CO. Once you ascertain this you can dispute it if its incorrect at the CRAs. These CA/JDBs have to follow the DoFD just like an OC has 

Message 3 of 5
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Conns is very shady when it comes to reporting. They kept opening and closing my charged off account but it still falls off in 2024. So for yours yes it will fall off on that date and they will keep updating until it does but they cannot legally put it back on your reports after that date.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just went back and looked and it shows 4/2013 first delinquent, but it still should fall off by 2020 correct? how can they still report it when its closed and charged off since 2012/2013?

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesnt count from the date it was opened but the DoFD. If its in 2012 then it has to come off no later than 7.5 yrs from this date. You need to verify the date it first went delinquent and was never brought current again resulting in the CO. Once you ascertain this you can dispute it if its incorrect at the CRAs. These CA/JDBs have to follow the DoFD just like an OC has 

Then the earliest it will drop is 04/2020 *if the DoFD is properly reported, the CRAs typically schedule them to be removed at 7 year mark. You can ask for the early exclusion from TU 6 months in advance of the scheduled drop date and 1-3 months with the other 2 CRAs. Sounds like you may need to dispute via US Mail and show that the DoFD is earlier than they claim.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.