Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed fed loan account with late payment remarks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed fed loan account with late payment remarks

Hey I’m new to the forums. I was wondering if I can get this stuffed removed off my report . I have 9 late payment remarks on my fed loans but the accounts are closed . I’m now paying my student loans back via Nelnet. Since I’ve been with them I haven’t missed a payment( about 8 months now). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed fed loan account with late payment remarks

Anybody??

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Some types of federal loans have required reporting requirements under provisions of the Higher Education Act, and cannot be removed until the loan is paid.  Closing of a loan via consolidation, etc. without the loan being repaid is not sufficient.

If your loan requires reporting, it is also exempt from the normal credit report exclusion provisions set forth in the FCRA for exclusion of derogs.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Some types of federal loans have required reporting requirements under provisions of the Higher Education Act, and cannot be removed until the loan is paid.  Closing of a loan via consolidation, etc. without the loan being repaid is not sufficient.

If your loan requires reporting, it is also exempt from the normal credit report exclusion provisions set forth in the FCRA for exclusion of derogs.

+1 

There's a possibility you could try a retroactive forbearance through the old servicer (?), but I don't know if you'd qualify or if they have any incentive given you're no longer with the same servicer. Never hurts to try though imo.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.