cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing CREDITONE - am I Hurting my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing CREDITONE - am I Hurting my credit?

So I have been with CREDITONE for almost 4 years and at this point I do not like one thing other than increased Utilization they provided with a few CLIs (for a fee). But it did it’s job and now THEY MUST GO! but that’s about 2k of my overall credit. Idk if I should pull the trigger but I pay 9/mo on each account and obviously as mentioned before they charge to up my CL. However Amazon (2500) and Walmart (1500) upped my CL beyond that (4K total) so will that offset things?

The statements already closed and reported on my synchrony cards.. my new CLI did not report this month so that is coming for the April update.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing CREDITONE - am I Hurting my credit?

I wanna close them immediately (like right now ) lol
Message 2 of 10
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Is that your oldest account?

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Without knowing what your aggregate and individual utilization is, it's hard to tell whether there would be any effect on utilization. 

With that said, I'd close and burn it with fire.  You're paying fees and wasting money for nothing. It played it's role but now it's time to move on 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, unfortunately., :-( 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol I SURE WILL! right after July and August... they offered to credit my account for all the interest over the last 4 months and waive the annual fees until the end of summer. I will close it 10 days before that period ends. I will have +$50.00 to show for it so it seemed worthwhile... but I am done with them after this. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

UTIL is high on one card and with my auto loan included I am at 50% .... i added the amounts to my signature

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

off topic how do i add the scores and credit limit tag to my signature? 

Message 8 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANKS SO MUCH!!! <3 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.