Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect America

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collect America

I have a charge off From Credit One showing with a bal. it says it was sold to another lender (I guess that means a CA?)that CA is not yet reporting, so my question is this, should I try to find who it is and pay them? I think it could be a CA named Collect America, they keep inquiring on my CR. I don't know what steps to take. Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collect America

terryberry6 wrote:
I have a charge off From Credit One showing with a bal. it says it was sold to another lender (I guess that means a CA?)that CA is not yet reporting, so my question is this, should I try to find who it is and pay them? I think it could be a CA named Collect America, they keep inquiring on my CR. I don't know what steps to take. Thanks

If it says  CO or collections/turned over to an attorney sold   all in 1 sentence    in other words.....it would read SOLD  and show a Bal $0     unless you paid it off

What is the drop date reported by the OC?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collect America

@Anonymous wrote:

If it says CO or collections/turned over to an attorney sold all in 1 sentence in other words.....it would read SOLD and show a Bal $0 unless you paid it off
What is the drop date reported by the OC?

It says Balance: 796.00 Date updated: 06/2007 High balance: 796.00 Collateral: Sold to another lender Past due: 796 Pay Status: Charged off as bad debt Date open: 02/2006 Date closed 02/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.