cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Accounts Removed from my CP, why?

tag
wilmer007
Contributor

Collection Accounts Removed from my CP, why?

i went to check my CK yesterday and was told that my 2 collection accounts from Portfolio Recovery Asscociates were removed. only problem is those weren't scheduled to be removed until 2018. why did this happen? and also can they come back before 2018?

i'm curious because my FICO scores jumped because of the removals and it would suck to see them drop between now and 2018. on CK i now have 733 on TU and 755 on EQ. then when i went to Discovers free FICO score it said my EX FICO score is at 781. 

*****|$15,200|********|$13,500|***********|$5,000|*********|$25,000|***********|$500|
Highest Scores: Transunion 08: 821 | Equifax VantageScore 3.0: 780 | Experian 08: 804 | gardening until May 2018 or longer.
17 REPLIES 17
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: Collection Accounts Removed from my CP, why?

Just be glad they did, sometimes it happens early. I guess it is possible they could put it back, but I would think not.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 2 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Were these paid in full or do you still owe. Its scary to think how colecctions can be sold and keep popping up. For you i hope they are gone permanently but keep an eye out anywaySmiley Wink
Message 3 of 18
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Once a collections account is paid, it really doesn't make sense for the collection agency to use their resources to keep that data on your credit report. I've bartered with them in the past to erase the mark for full payment, but usually they'll just say to dispute it as "not your account" and they will see it paid and let it go.

Message 4 of 18
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

Once a collections account is paid, it really doesn't make sense for the collection agency to use their resources to keep that data on your credit report. I've bartered with them in the past to erase the mark for full payment, but usually they'll just say to dispute it as "not your account" and they will see it paid and let it go.

OP I am hoping for you they do not come back!

Charged UP, did you actually follow the CAs advice on that?  If so did it work?

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wilmer007

I HIGHLY recommend checking your credit report(s) on here or calling the CRA directly to see if the accounts were removed. A few months ago I saw most of mine removed on CK, but called TU and EQ and they said otherwise.

After disputing with the CRA's directly, I now have supporting documentation that the CA's were deleted, even if CK still reports them.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wilmer007

Sorry. Didn't realize you checked FICO and CK together.

Guess my previous post is pointless now.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me in the past week. PRA quit reporting to all three bureaus. I have disputed this account several times to no avail. I applied for a mortgage a little over a month ago so I'm kind of afraid that they are just playing typical PRA games and going to reinsert it soon. I have had two other accounts closed by PRA in the past and I've always got a letter from them stating as such, no such letter this time. I have my fingers crossed that it's gone for good but not too confident of that yet.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This could mean that the debt is in the process of being sold to another CA. A CA is required to remove the report and stop reporting if they no longer own the debt. This happened to me... I too was excited until another CA tried to collect the debt 2 months later.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with BigA1975

If you have the money to pay or settle with OC and the OC isn't on your reports, now is the time to do it. Just confirm it hasn't been reassigned to another CA yet
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.