Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Accounts under 100.00$

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Accounts under 100.00$

Hello everyone, I once had a financial advisor tell me that collection accounts under 100.00 dollars are not to be, or should not be posted on your credit report. He said its a rule by the National Credit Bureau, is anyone familiar with this?  Experian removed an 85.oo collection account, but Equifax and Trans Union wont removed the account?   Thanks
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Accounts under 100.00$

i think you should post this under general credit issues.  you will get more response.  Smiley Tongue
Message 2 of 20
marty56
Super Contributor

Did EX remove the account or mark it as being disputed?

I would check the FCRA to see if there is any mention of this.  I never heard of the National Credit Bureau.

I never heard of the $100 rule.

I would also never dispute accurate information on a CR.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

blueyes2121 wrote:
Hello everyone, I once had a financial advisor tell me that collection accounts under 100.00 dollars are not to be, or should not be posted on your credit report. He said its a rule by the National Credit Bureau, is anyone familiar with this?  Experian removed an 85.oo collection account, but Equifax and Trans Union wont removed the account?   Thanks

There is no $100 rule for collections not reporting.

I've never heard of any organization called the "National Credit Bureau," and neither has Google.

Message 4 of 20
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

And I can assure you that an account for $69.00 can be reported for 6.75 years  Smiley Sad
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

As well as a CO for $25...
...and a medical bill, paid before it even went to collections, for $18.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bet that $58 collection that I had from AT&T beg to differ.

I took me forever to get that removed. AND it was supposed to be on there, it was there mistake.
Message 7 of 20
momof2
Frequent Contributor

midnight--- things stay on your CR for 7-7.5 years, where are you coming up with 6.75yrs?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 8 of 20
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

momof2 wrote:
midnight--- things stay on your CR for 7-7.5 years, where are you coming up with 6.75yrs?

For some unknown reason this collection dropped off a few month early  Smiley Very Happy

I think the CRA was housecleaning its computers of something!!  Scores went up over 50 points
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response everyone. I guess I shouldn't listen to my ex-gf's friend. I also need to become more educated on my credit. Thanks Again!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.