Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Advise

Where do I start Smiley Sad 

My credit is beyond good high 4's. Everything on my credit report is in collections Smiley Sad most of them are from 2016/2015. I have searched everywhere all over the internet for some answers. I even considered calling an agency. I am trying so hard to get my life back together again.

My question is "Do I pay off the collections? Will it help at all?" 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Advise

Collections are best attempted when you have cash to make an offer to PFD or pay for deletion. Careful with SOL concerns before poking the beasts. Search PFD in this forum.

You can build fresh credit by opening three secured credit cards eventually from non predatory banks. Also open the Alliant SSL right away as there's no hard pull and it's cheap and easy. Search Alliant SSL on this forum.

In a year or two with good credit building you will start qualifying for better cards.

Note: credit rebuilding is not debt building. Never ever carry a large balance again. Ever. Teach yourself responsible spending now and how to earn rewards for the purchases you make versus throwing money away on stressful interest.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.